I am in crisis and I need urgent help.
If you feel that you might cause harm to yourself or others, seek help immediately.
- Go to any Accident & Emergency (A&E) department.
- Call 999 and ask for an ambulance to take you to A&E.
- Ask someone else to call 999 for you or take you to A&E.
If you need urgent support but do not want to go to A&E, you could:
Call Samaritans on their free phone number 116 123 anytime day or night. They are always ready to listen.
- Contact your GP surgery and ask for an emergency appointment.
- Contact NHS 111 (England) or NHS Direct 0845 46 47 (Wales).
- Contact your local crisis team (CRHT), if you are under their care.
- If you know somebody in need of help, see our page on how to help somebody in need of support, including how to help someone in an emergency.